These last few weeks my newly purchased comic books have been doing battle in a competition I’m calling 1 vs 1. The premise is simple. I purchase 2 #1 issues and pick which one is the winner (which gets the #2 purchased).
As with everything in this blog, it is subject to the demands of my schedule. So basically, there is a concept of a loose framework and no rules.
Here is what happened in the past couple weeks:
- Week 1: Bizarro (DC) vs Bat-mite (DC)
- Winner: Bizarro
- Week 2: Dr. Fate (DC) vs Black Canary (DC)
- Winner Black Canary
- Week 3: Mulan: Revelations (Dark Horse) vs literally no other comic books
- Winner: no other comic books
- I am now taking a break from buying any comic book based on an advanced review
- Week 4: We Stand Guard (Image) vs The Spire (Boom) vs Onyx (IDW)
- Winner: Three way tie
It’s been a fun little thing and I might have a chance of keeping up on. And occasionally I might have time to elaborate on the reasons why one or two books won.